Friday, January 28, 2011

Bye Denver

I'm ready to leave Denver. That might sound weird, considering how much I talk about Denver, and how great it is, and how I was so excited for this trip, and this trip was 2 weeks!!, which was nice and long so I'd have plenty of time to see my friends, and on and on. 2 weeks is nice and long. Too long.
I didn't need to be here for the production this long. I didn't need to be out of school this long. And it was too long to keep up the good feelings I had previously felt.
It was great to have so much time with my friends, but over the course of this trip, my mind ran a course of emotions, starting with excited, happy to be "home", to nostalgic, to bittersweet, and now I am sad. I am sad, because I realized this is not my home, it hasn't been my home for a long time.
On all the short trips back to visit, I always felt like I was stopping in, and then I was off again, but I'd be back soon! Like time stood still when I wasn't here. Like it was all just waiting for me to get back. The reason for this being that when I left Denver, it wasn't because I was choosing to leave Denver, it was because I had, too. I had to heal, I couldn't work, and if I wasn't working, there was no purpose for me being here. So there, at the beginning of my new life in Denver, I was ripped out of this city, and left with a scar that never fully healed.
What I came to see this trip, is that everything and everyone here has continued on with their lives. The wound that was left in this city when I was ripped from it has healed up, and it is time I let my wound heal, as well.
In a way, though I'm sad, I'm glad for this closure, and had I not stayed this long, I may not have reached it. Obviously, I hadn't completely put my own life on hold, and I committed myself to being in the Sacramento area for two years for school. I think that once the sadness goes away, I will realize that there is an entire world open to me, and I'm not limited to only what I know or have known.

No comments:

Post a Comment